Alpha Environmental Services is currently accepting applications and interviewing for experienced licensed service plumbing professionals. An ideal candidate who will succeed at our company possesses sound plumbing fundamentals and exceptional communication skills to educate and help customers make the best plumbing decisions for their needs.
Alpha Environmental is a family-owned company offering services in Portland. We are dedicated to constant improvement in the way we deliver services to our customers. That means hiring proven technicians and offering great compensation. Our employees benefit from competitive compensation (including medical/dental, 401k, PTO), clear policies and operating procedures, high-end software systems, paid weekly training and development opportunities, and a company truck.
Perform residential service work including inspection, maintenance, repair and installation of plumbing systems while following our processes for high-level customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Must be willing to follow our service call system that requires technicians to inspect, diagnose, communicate service options to customer, and then perform any desired repair or installation required up to code.
• Perform accurate and complete plumbing system safety inspection and communicate any and all findings to customer.
• Must be able to clearly educate customers by thoroughly explaining recommended options.
• Must be willing and able to use provided smartphone and tablet systems to accurately complete paperwork consistently.
• Must be capable of clearly and consistently meeting provided expectations for communicating with dispatcher (debriefing, phone, text, email, notes.)
• Must be able to perform basic calculations necessary for plumbing work as well as calculations necessary for invoicing.
• Must be willing and able to follow provided expectations for collecting payment and assisting customers in completing easy-to-use financing application.
• Must comply with all safety standards and processes.
• Must implement and manage required customer follow up responsibilities in line with provided procedure and expectations.
• Are expected to uphold basic professionalism including but not limited to:
• Being on time to work and dispatched jobs
• Wear the provided clean company uniform
• Perform after-hours work and on-call duty as scheduled.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the plumbing trade.
• Knowledge of applicable plumbing codes.
• Problem-solving and decision making skills
• Effective verbal, listening, and communications skills
• Honest and trustworthy
• Respectful and Friendly
• Reliable and Hard Working
• Currently licensed as a journeyman plumber with the State of Oregon.
• Minimum of 3 years experience
• Valid Oregon driver’s license.
Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting equipment, bending, standing, climbing, frequent kneeling and significant fine motor dexterity. Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the plumbing trade.