We are looking for a CDL Septic Pump Truck Driver, this position is responsible for operating a company pump truck and driving to various locations to service/pump septic tanks.
Location of Position is Beaverton, OR
- Provide professional service to customers
- Communicate schedule problems to dispatch before appointments are missed
- Call into the Dispatch team when done with daily jobs
- Comply with rules & regulations at disposal plants
- Fully complete paperwork, pricing, locations, conditions
- Confirm all supplies are loaded on the truck
- Review and map out next day jobs
- Daily DOT forms to be completed: pre & post trip, septic tank inspection
- Use the tank’s main access (largest opening) for routine cleaning
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Notify the customer when sewage flows into the tank from the drainage area.
- Observe and note defective septic system components on work order
- Notify the customer when lush vegetation and/or sewage breakout are observed above the septic system
- If you observe flow from building into tank, advise the customer corrective action for any obstructions
- Recommend any Maintenance or Service
- Discuss and recommend adequate maintenance service frequency with the customer
- Notify the customer in writing of any unsatisfactory conditions observed
- Notify the customer in advance if your running late
- Attend training opportunities as requested
- Special/Other projects as assigned by management.
Work Environment for a CDL Tank Truck Driver
- Required to exert physical effort removing hoses from truck, pulling hoses into position, and lifting hoses back onto truck
- Required to remove and lift septic tank and manhole lids
- When necessary, required to dig into ground to gain access to tank lid
- Will work outdoors and drive a GPS monitored truck
- Will be exposed to physical labor, weather, odors, noise or similar elements
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (Class CDL A or B with endorsement and the ability to drive a sick shift vehicle).
Applicants MUST have experience driving a stick shift (8-10 gear) transmission in a commercial vehicle GCWR 26,001 or greater.
- Septic Tank Pumping: 1 year (Required)
- (Class CDL A or B with tanker endorsement and air brake restriction removed)
- High school or equivalent (Required)